The All-New 455 Balanced Regulator sets the KM 97 apart from all other models. The 455 balanced regulator is all stainless steel and offers virtually the same superior breathing performance as the REX® regulator, with a lower profile. The overall outstanding performance of the 455 regulator sets a new standard for commercial diving helmets and BandMasks®.
The Kirby Morgan® 97 helmet has been tested and conforms to the performance requirements as set forth in Annex II of Directive 89/686/EEC and, as far as applicable, the EN 15333-1 (class B). It is fully CE marked with balanced 455 demand regulator and oral nasal mask P/N 510-747.
The KM 97 helmet has all the advancements & features found in our other stainless steel models:
- Rugged helmet shell that is easy to maintain – No refinishing required if the surface is scratched
- Elimination of threaded inserts for securing the port retainer to the helmet shell.
- Elimination of shell mounted weights.
- Removable Grip and Handle. The handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it
quick and easy to attach accessories.
- A “built in” emergency valve that is an integral part of the stainless steel sideblock. The Quad Valve Exhaust System and quick change modular communications are also standard on the KM 97. These and many other KM 97 parts are shared with other models. If you keep a Kirby Morgan ® helmet spare parts inventory, you’re already stocked with many KM 97 spares.
Before attempting any diving in any type of contaminated water, a complete diving and topside course in hazardous materials emergencies should be completed. The divers and the topside team must be properly trained and have the proper safety equipment. All helmets and suits can leak water under certain conditions. Divers should use extreme caution when diving in contaminated waters.